Add me to the IdeaNetwork invitation list.
Founded in Greensboro in 2010, IdeaNetwork is a bi-monthly event for thinkers, designers, entrepreneurs, students, business owners and anyone who’s interested in creativity, innovation, design thinking and new ideas. It’s a comfortable space to share, listen and learn from one another. Each time, we invite a special guest to jump-start the conversation and address a question or two.
Next IdeaNetwork event: Tuesday, September 10, 2019. More info coming soon!
Recent Guests Have Included:
- Cory Phillips, Improv Artist: IMPROV(e): What’s Stopping You?
- Jake Assaf, owner of Rioja! A Wine Bar: What Happens When Wine Meets Tech?
- Paul Damiano, industrial psychologist/owner of Good Works Consulting: Work — Are You Spending Your 100,000 Hours Wisely?
- Rebecca Cochran, musician/designer: Improvisation — It’s Not Just for Musicians
- Ryan Hovis, brewer’s assistant, Gibb’s Hundred Brewing Company: Beer by Design
- Gray Johnston, transit planning apprentice: Co-Creating a More Walkable, Bikeable and Transit-Friendly Greensboro
- Jackson Mayshark, founder of Ambleside Gallery: The Art of the Brainstorm
- Monty Hagler, President & CEO of RLF Communications: Surviving the Highs & Lows in Business and in Life
- Randall Hayes, on Permaculture: A Design Philosophy
- Elliot Strunk and David Horne, founding partners of LOFT, an agency collaborative: How Effective Collaboration Makes Good Work Great
- Susan Watson, Executive Director at the Wormen’s Resource Center in Alamance County: Non-Profit Marketing & Fundraising in Today’s Challenging Times
- Nick Horney, founder of Agility Consulting and Training: The Advantages and Disadvantages of Today’s ‘Gig Economy’
Earlier Events Include:
- Carl Nordgren, Duke Professor on entrepreneurism, author of The Creative Populist Revolution
- Howell Woltz, author of Justice Denied and other books and documentaries on judicial reform
- June 2012, southeast screening premiere of the movie, “Design & Thinking”
- Bill Knowles, speaker & consultant on Design-Based Innovation
- Margaret Collins, Executive Director of the Center for Creative Economy
- Field trip to The Forge, new hacker space in downtown Greensboro
- Doug Farrington, Information Systems Group leader at Syngenta: The Importance of Ecosystem Configuration as Part of Your Innovation Strategy
- Kyle T. Webster, award-winning illustrator: The Importance of Developing Your Side Project
- Randall Hayes, neuroscientist: Applying the Process of Evolution to Design Problems
- Cory Phillips, founder of Chucked Wood, on creating furniture using reclaimed wood
- Marcius, artist and accessories designer, on the creative process
- Blanca Cobb, body language expert
- David Smith, inventor of Battery Vampire, on his creative process
- Randall Hayes, on the process of producing an educational animation
- Anita Cafiero and Nick Jones, co-founders of Tiny Goat, on Agile for Good: A simple toolchain to solve complex problems
- Bill Lusk, photographer, on transforming his photography practice for the 21st century
- John Robinson, then editor of the News & Record, on transitioning to the digital age
- Conrad Hayter, President, New Garden Landscaping, on building a culture of change
- David Smith, theater professor at UNCSA, on building a culture of collaboration
- Scott Williams, President of Emisare, on the changing face of branding